Friday, 26 February 2016
Description: All poutama kids had to get in to groups of 3 and make a 30sec video. I worked with Emma O and Cohen. In our video we had to include active listing and one more. Or if you wanted to or if you had time to you could do all 3. Hope you enjoy our video!
Big idea: We included all in our video. Here's the different type of listening.
1. Active listing is when you put down what your doing and actually listen to the person and you might have a conversation too!
2. Busy listing is when you don't put down your things carry on and when the other person is talking your kind of listen but sometimes there talking about other things and you think there talking about another thing because you weren't listening. Here's an example. "Have you ever been to rainbows end? It's super fun! Have you been on the ride when..." "yeah yeah splash planet that's so fun!"
They weren't listing to the person who was talking.
3. Then there's Me too listing. Me too listing is when someone says something then that other person interrups and realates to them self.
Feedback/Feedfoward: I don't think there is anything needs fixing. Caitlin
Evaluation: I found it a bit hard to remember which ones which so hopefully the video helped you to remember! Also having a 30sec movie was a bit hard because our video was 34sec and it was really hard to know what ones to take away. Now our videos 30sec! (Yay!) I think I am a active listener because I actually listen and I don't enterup the person. I also put my things down and sometimes have a conversation.
Friday, 19 February 2016
Description: since it was close to Waitangi Day all of poutama decided to get in groups and do something about Waitangi Day. I worked with Emma and Devin.
Hope you enjoy the movie!
Big idea: we decided to make a movie all together. In this movie we came up with an idea to have half of the movie what if we didn't have a treaty and if we did. We have a chart of what we can aim for. We aimed for multi. Multi is 3 facts or more! You can have a look at the chart and what the other goals/aims are. Here's the chart.
Feedback/Feedfoward: I think that the movie went well but maybe next time challenge yourself more by working with different people from Emma O 🙂
Evaluation: I found it a bit hard to work in a group aspeashaly if someone doesn't agree! Luckily we got to the end! We aimed for multi because we didn't want to do so little work and we wanted to do lots! Not to big that we couldn't get it done by the time where given. We all thought multi was the best one to aim for and that's what we did. Maybe next time I do something with the chart I could challenge my self (and my group) by doing relational or extended abstract.
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Wednesday, 3 February 2016
Description: We had to come up with some questions about Waitangi Day. You got to record it how ever you want. Write it in your think book, google docs, pic collage, ect. I chose pic collage. I came up with 4 questions. Here's my pic collage.
1. The Treaty of Waitangi is an agreement made in 1840. They didn't want to have a war so they had an agreement.
2. Winston Peters
3. They signed the treaty at the treaty house in Waitangi.
4. We celebrate Waitangi Day because its the day they made the treaty and signed it.
Tuesday, 2 February 2016
Description: this year we had to set a goal. You had to think about one word that's kind of like a goal. My word of 2016 is... Experiment. I chose that word because to me I feel like trying more things and different things as well. Example: putting your self in the learning pit. I can experiment most of my time at school and a lot more a home.
Here's the criteria: